Prep Program Goals
At Prep for Inter Kids, we make learning a happy and fruitful experience by:
– Providing a natural learning environment
– Recognizing the uniqueness of each child
– Offering a creative curriculum taught using fun activities
– Using Montessori methods
Prep program is designed especially for young children. Although our curriculum is comprehensive, it always fit our belief that “We make learning a happy experience through play.” Prep offers the following programs: the Nursery Program and the Kindergarten Program. The medium of instruction at Prep is English and it is used by students, teachers and staff.
Kindergartens are an integral part of Montessori. Programs used are in an integrated approach to learning in a play-centered environment which:
– Nurtures the continuing growth of children’s knowledge and understanding of themselves and their world
– Provides a safe, warm, caring environment where learning is continuous
– Recognizes the essential role of language on facilitating thought, communication, and learning
– Views assessment and evaluation as important to the ongoing process of learning and teaching
– Reflects an understanding that children learn through active involvement and play
– Builds on what children “can do”
– Invites parents to be partners in their children’s education
– Creates the climate of respect, success, and joy necessary for lifelong learning.
In order to enhance the learning experiences and provide an interesting environment for learning to occur, the curriculum is based on the use of themes or units of study. Therefore, a unit on “rainy days”, for example, would be presented to provide opportunities for development in all the goal areas. During the course of the kindergarten day, there is a balance provided between active and quiet sessions. There are child directed and teacher-directed experiences and large group, small group, and individual activities.
Nursery – 1 year & 8 months. old up to 2 yrs. & 8 months.
K 1 – 2 yrs. and 8 months. up to 3 yrs. & 8 months.
K 2 – 3 yrs. and 8 months. up to 4 up
K3 – 5 yrs. and 8 months up to 6 yrs.
Year 1 – 6 yrs. Old –
“Prep’s foundation of Montessori and Creative Curriculum, in a peaceful garden setting, provides all you seek in a kindergarten for your child.”